How to Get 11 + (Eleven Plus) Ready
Teacher, Author, Education & Parenting Consultant Shola Alabi, who runs the Raising Successful Children’s Hub, Thurrock Tuition and Exam Success Education centre shares her top 11+ tips.
- Start your child’s preparation early – end of year 3 but most definitely in year 4 (not the practice tests but the basic core skills).
- Have your child assessed at the start of year 5 to know where they are with regards to strengths and weakness and gaps in their knowledge.
- Reading daily (both independent and guided) is highly recommended to help extend your child’s vocabulary and comprehension skills.
- Incorporate daily study habits into your child’s routine.
- Be consistent with study plans, keep to time allocated for studying/learning.
- Review the study plans weekly to see what worked well and what needs to change.
- Help your child to stay motivated by rewarding effort made. Create a reward system that works for your child.
- Use resources that will help develop the core skills, improve areas of weakness and continuously assess your child knowledge.
- Use practice age-appropriate tests, Mark these and help your child through corrections.
- Make learning and study time as fun and exciting as possible.
For more tips go to https://www.sholaalabi.com/exams/
For her 8 weeks Bootcamp for parents
For more information about the Bootcamp for parents